For information about Night of Champions and a great auction item of a fabulous week at a penthouse in Maui, click here!
To direct your gift to Horticultural Therapy, write "Horticulture" in Acknowledgment area of online form.The tradition of fund raising at Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is older than the hospital itself. Anna Magee decided to establish the Magee Hospital for Convalescents with a substantial bequest. Her generosity is what led to the beginning of the Magee Rehabilitation Hospital. Her bequest was provided in 1923, and the Hospital was founded in 1958.
For over 50 years Magee has been the leader in rehabilitation services for those whose lives have been affected by traumatic, life changing injuries. Each year, we treat about 2,000 individuals who are recovering from brain and spinal cord injuries, amputation and orthopedic injuries, and other serious injuries and illnesses.
Each and every dollar raised impacts all the patients we treat. Whether it is providing them with needed therapy services, helping cover equipment expenses, providing peer mentor and family support services, creative arts therapies, or many of the other programs we offer, your financial support helps make all of these happen.
Please support Magee and help us continue to provide top notch care to everyone who comes through our doors, regardless of their ability to pay. On behalf of all of those who live a better life because of what you give, please accept our sincere thanks for your very generous support!
How can you help? It's easy!
Participate in one of our fundraising events, which include:
- Jerry Segal Golf Classic
- The Adam Taliaferro Foundation and Magee Golf Outing
- Humanitarian Awards Dinner
- Night of Champions
The following programs and services are a few ways charitable contributions have helped Magee Rehabilitation Hospital serve the community:
- recreational therapy programs and equipment
- therapy center on the sixth floor rooftop
- $150,000 bequest helped build a greenhouse on the sixth floor
- $10,000 funded renovation of the family rooms
- a trust produces income which is designated for free care
- Environmental Control Unit in a patient room
- Magee Patient Learning Resource Center (library)
- computer training program for individuals with disabilities
- peer support and group and stroke center funding
- adjunctive therapy programs such as art therapy and horticultural therapy
- Magee vans and buses for patient transportation
- environmental control units for patient rooms
- Jerry and Carolyn Segal Center for Community Skills on the rooftop of the Hospital
A donation can be made anytime, for any amount and should be sent to the Development Department. Donations may be made in memory or honor of any individual, including current and former patients, staff, or doctors. Employees can donate through payroll deduction and any individual can spread gifts over any time period.
Checks should be made payable to "Magee Rehabilitation Foundation" and are tax deductible.
If you have any questions, need information concerning fundraising, would like to be added to our mailing list or would like to get involved, please contact:
Ron Siggs, Vice President for Development, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Chilutti, Assistant Vice President of Development, email@example.com
Christina Freeman, Annual Giving and Event Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Norah Salmon, Grant Writer and Funding Researcher, email@example.com
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Phone (215) 587-3090
Fax (215) 568-3736