1. The Nurse Manager of the spinal cord system of care nursing unit must have the ability to manage a nursing unit and lead the nursing team in providing patient care that is based in nursing and rehabilitation theories and standards with the goal of restoration of health and function.
2. Responsible for day to day operational function of unit including, but not limited to staffing and scheduling, controlling resources, directing work flow and processes, collaboratively engages interdisciplinary team activities and assuring that quality standards and practices are met.
3. Works collaboratively with the program director of the SCI program and other members of the team to ensure the smooth running of the program.
4. Represents nursing services on a variety of interdisciplinary activities and committees including respiratory therapy, SCI operations program, research, among others as directed.
5. Prepares annual budget with input from Director of Nursing and monitors budget adherence.
6. Assures compliance with all regulatory and accreditation standards as defined by the State Department of Health, Joint Commission and the Commission for the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, in coordination with the team.
7. Responsible to practice within the framework of the nursing profession as defined by the Professional Nursing Law of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Pennsylvania Code of Professional and Vocational Standards.
8. Ensures patient care is provided based on nursing and rehabilitation theories and standards with the goal of restoration of health and function for the spinal cord population.
9. Ensures patient care is provided within the established policies, procedures and guidelines of the nursing department.
10. Effectively leads nursing supervisors and RNs and para-professional staff in the delivery of care to all patients.
1. Demonstrates effective work skills including communication, leadership, judgment, decision making, assertiveness and interpersonal relations.
Education: 1. Masters of Science in Nursing required.
Licensure and Certifications: 1. Must be licensed as a Professional Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. 2. Certification in Rehabilitation Nursing (CRRN) preferred. 3. Certification in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (Basic Cardiac Life Support)
We do not accept phone calls.
Mail or fax your resume to:
Human Resources Department
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
Six Franklin Plaza
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471