To apply for volunteer placement, you will need to:
- Download and complete the printed application.
- Provide us with proof of a negative tuberculin test result dated within the past six months. Ask your doctor for a note and include a cover letter with your name and application date. Send this to Magees Community Programs Coordinator. Also, provide us with proof that you have a current flu vaccination (starting in September, 2012). Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is requiring all volunteers to provide an annual proof of the influenza vaccination starting in September, 2012. You are required to get the flu shot on your own by October 31, 2012. If you have not received the vaccine by October 31, 2012, you will no longer be permitted to volunteer at Magee. You may be reinstated to your volunteer placement when proof of vaccination is provided to the Volunteer Office.
- If you are applying for a volunteer position in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Therapeutic Recreation, Nursing, or Speech Therapy, write a letter, including your name, address and telephone number, a brief statement of your reasons for wishing to volunteer at Magee, related volunteer or paid experience, and the days and hours you are available to volunteer. Please note there may be a waiting list for these positions.
- *If you are a student, under 18 years of age, you must complete the permission form and have it signed by your parent or guardian.
- Include your resume, if you have one.
- Send all of these materials:
- By FAX to Community Programs Coordinator at 215-568-3736
- Scan all pages and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or mail or deliver to: Community Programs Coordinator, Magee Rehabilitation, 1513 Race Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102-1177
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital performs background checks on all volunteers once a position is determined for the volunteer. All interested volunteers must attend an orientation session at the hospital prior to placement. Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Magee Rehabilitation Hospital. For more information email email@example.com or call 215-587-3140.
|See what's happening at Magee. Calendar|