The Orthopedic Day Rehab program at Magee Rehabilitation is a comprehensive and flexible program that strives to meet the individual rehabilitation needs of the patient while affording them the luxury of returning to their own home each evening. This program is designed for individuals who have had a single joint replacement (knee or hip) and have the ultimate goal of returning to the highest level of functioning in the least amount of time. We recognize that each patient will come with his or her own set of individual needs and goals. Thats why our Orthopedic Day Rehab program is tailored with the patientҒs specific requirements in mind. And we know that while every patients needs are not exactly the same, every patientҒs goal is: to return to a self-sufficient independence.
The Orthopedic Day Rehab Program is offered 6 days a week (Monday-Saturday) from 9am to 2pm and includes weekend admissions. The program takes place at our Magee Riverfront facility which is conveniently located at 1500 S. Columbus Blvd in South Philadelphia and is easily accessible from Center City, the Philadelphia suburbs, Delaware and Southern New Jersey. Parking is free.
This program is medically prescribed and includes both individual and group therapies. The Orthopedic Day Rehab Nurse Coordinator will monitor your incision, assess your pain, coordinate lab work and interact with your surgeon as necessary. Patients will also receive daily physical therapy, occupational therapy, case management services and patient/family teaching. A healthy lunch is also provided.
- Post-surgical hip or knee replacement
- Medical stability
- Patient motivation and willingness to actively participate in treatment goals
- Family and/or social support
- Appropriate physical level of functioning
- Geographic proximity to the Riverfront that permits daily travel
- Appropriate funding
What to bring:
- Prescription for Orthopedic Day Rehab program from your physician
- Pre-certification referral from your insurance company (if applicable)
- Insurance cards
- Picture ID
- List of daily medications
- Medications that you will need during the day
- Any small equipment you are currently using such as a reacher, shoe horn, etc.
- Comfortable clothing and foot wear
For additional information or to make a referral, please contact our Orthopedic Day Rehab Coordinator, Mary Clare Schafer at 215-218-3905.