To recognize our extraordinary nurses Magee Rehabilitation Hospital recently partnered with The DAISY Award organization. The DAISY Award is presented quarterly to recognize a nurse whose compassion and clinical skills goes above and beyond. With over 1,600 DAISY partners worldwide the award is highly regarded within the health care community. In addition, the award is supported by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
What is The DAISY Award?
The DAISY Award is presented to nurses whose compassion and clinical skills goes above and beyond. The award was created by the Barnes family in honor of their son, J. Patrick Barnes, who they lost at 33 to an auto-immune disease. The amazing nursing care he received was one of the only highlights during his illness. The family created the award to say thank you for the commitment that exemplary nurses bring to their patients each day.
Who should I nominate?
A great question! The nurse you nominate should exemplify the kind of nurse that our patients, their families, physicians and our staff recognize as an outstanding role model. She/he consistently meets all of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates a caring attitude in all situations
- Establishes a special professional connection with patients and families through trust and emotional support
- Does an excellent job educating patients and their families
- Works well with the Rehabilitation team to meet patient and family goals
- Involves patients and families in the planning of their care
- Goes above and beyond
- Consistently demonstrates the Magee REACH Behaviors (Respect, Excellence, Attitude, Collaboration and Hospitality)
How can I nominate a nurse at Magee for The DAISY Award?
Magee will present a nurse with The DAISY Award once a quarter. If you would like to recognize a Magee nurse who serves as a role model for others please click here to complete the online nomination form, or download a printed version of the nomination form.
Nomination forms may be filled out by patients, families, visitors, staff or physicians. Please submit paper nominations in the DAISY boxes located throughout the building. Additional printed forms are also available throughout the facility. Questions to Barbara Miller at 215-587-3139 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you will join us in recognizing the great work of our outstanding nurses! Fill out the survey below to make your nomination today!
- See more information about the DAISY Award on Magee's Blog site by clicking here.