Orthopedic and Amputee Day Rehab
This program is designed for individuals who have had a single or bilateral joint replacement (knee or hip), lower extremity amputation and/or orthopedic injury/illness; and who have the ultimate goal of returning to the highest level of functioning.
The Orthopedic and Amputee Day Rehab program at Magee Rehabilitation is comprehensive and flexible program that strives to meet the individual rehabilitation needs of the patient while affording them the luxury of returning to their own home each evening. This program is designed for individuals who have had a single or bilateral joint replacement (knee or hip), lower extremity amputation or orthopedic injury/illness; and who have the ultimate goal of returning to the highest level of functioning in the least amount of time. We recognize that each patient will come with his or her own set of individual needs and goals. That’s why our Day Rehab program is tailored with the patients’ specific requirements in mind. And we know that while every patients needs are not exactly the same, every patient’s goal is: to return to a self-sufficient independence.
The Orthopedic and Amputee Day Rehab Program is offered 6 days a week (Monday-Saturday) from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm and may include weekend admissions. The program takes place at our Magee Riverfront facility which is conveniently located at 1500 S. Columbus Blvd in South Philadelphia and is easily accessible from Center City, the Philadelphia suburbs, Delaware and Southern New Jersey. Parking is free.
This program is medically prescribed and includes both individual and group therapies. The Day Rehab Nurse Coordinator will monitor your incision, assess your pain, coordinate lab work and interact with your surgeon as necessary. Patients will also receive daily physical and occupational therapy, as well as patient/family teaching. A healthy lunch is also provided.
- Post-surgical hip or knee replacement
- Post Orthopedic injury or illness
- Lower extremity amputation (ready for prosthesis)
- Medical stability
- Patient motivation and willingness to actively participate in treatment goals
- Family and/or social support
- Appropriate physical level of functioning
- Geographic proximity to the Riverfront that permits daily travel
- Appropriate funding
What to bring:
- Prescription for Orthopedic and Amputee Day Rehab program from your physician
- Pre-certification referral from your insurance company (if applicable)
- Insurance cards
- Picture ID
- List of daily medications
- Medications that you will need during the day
- Any small equipment you are currently using such as a reacher, shoe horn, etc.
- Comfortable clothing and foot wear
For additional information or to make a referral, please contact Magee Riverfront at 215 218 3932.