According to the National Institute of Health, 90 million Americans will complain of dizziness to their Physicians at least once in their lifetime!
The cost of medical care for balance disorders is estimated to exceed $1 billion per year. Balance disorders increase with age. By age 75, balance is one of the most common reasons for seeking medical attention.
Diagnoses commonly treated
- BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo)
- Double vision - Meniere's Disease
- Balance Disorders - Medication Toxicity
- Dizziness - Neurologic Disorders
- Stroke - Head Injury
Therapies offered include
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech&Language Therapy
- Balance/Vestibular Therapy
Benefits of a Vestibular Rehabilitation Program
- Improved walking
- Improved control of movements
- Decreased feelings of dizziness
- Increased feeling of body control
- Decreased difficulty navigating stairs
- Walk in crowded areas with increased ease
- Sit and stand with increased control and balance
For more information about this program, please contact The Riverfront at 215-218-3900.